Friday, November 2, 2007

Annotated Bibliography

Shuman, Baird R. "What about Revision?" The English Journal 64.9 (1975): 3 pgs. 31 Oct 2007
http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0013-8274%28197512%2964%3A9%3C41%3AWAR%3E2.0.CO%3B2-H

Shuman analyzed different forms of teacher and peer commenting to see which are beneficial. He came to the conclusion that peer editing is a good approach and showed a 3 step process that one of his educators that he interviewed used. Also, determined that teachers need to pay attention to the whole paper when commenting rather than bits and pieces to model to students how to revise effectively. I will use the 3 step process approach in my paper as a way for educators to see that there are other ways to enhance revision that do not need to come from them. This will fall in my last section of my paper as some food for thought for my readers.

No comments: